Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), achalasia cardia and paraesophageal hernia are common disorders that are eminently suitable for laparoscopic treatment. The superiority of laparoscopic treatment for all these disorders has been confirmed in the surgical literature. Surgeons with interest in laparoscopic surgery should attain the skills required to treat these conditions.
- To understand the workup of patients with GERD, achalasia and paraesophageal hernias
- Familiarize with laparoscopic anatomy of the hiatal region and the variations
- Understand step-by-step approach to laparoscopic fundoplication, cardiomyotomy and paraesophageal hernia repair.
Who Should Attend ?
- Surgeons with previous experience of laparoscopic surgery who wish to learn laparoscopic surgery for upper GI disorders
- Lectures by expert faculty
- Supervised training in simulation and animal tissue laboratories
- Hands-on session on GI mentor for flexible endoscopy
- Plenty of opportunity for informal interaction with the Faculty