Endoscopic management of BPH is becoming challenging as most urologists have to handle very complex prostates (very large/ vascular) over the last decade. Newer, safer technology with bipolar TURP, holmium laser enucleation (holep), laser vaporization of prostate (green light laser), thulium laser enucleation have evolved as favorable techniques for appropriate cases. Case discussions to help understanding management of patients with LUTS will be conducted to highlight the correct choice of therapy. Limitations and complications of all methods of treatment will be presented in this course.
- To provide adequate knowledge of understanding of the endoscopic anatomy of prostate, pathophysiology of BPH, current optimal diagnostic tools require for management of BPH and all state-of-the-art endoscopic surgical techniques available today.
- This course would include Monopolar TURP, Bipolar TURP, Holmium laser ablation / enucleation of the prostate, Green Light Laser, Vaporizing of prostate.
- Special emphasis would be laid on endoscopic instrumentation and energy sources. The hallmark of this course would be interactive case discussion on management of BPH and its complications.
- At the end of the Course each participants should be able to do
- Transurethral resection of Protests
- Understand the difference in techniques with Monopolar and Bipolar resection
- Understand the difference instrumentation needed for conventional procedures
- Have a working knowledge to preform laser ablation / enucleation of prostate
- Be able to diagnose and manage complications of TURP
- Understanding surgical anatomy of prostate
- Assessment and management of LUTS
- Retropubic prostatectomy
- Hands-on training on harvested animal tissue
Who Should Attend?
- Post graduates, practicing endourologists and surgeons
- Those who want to familiarize themselves with current endourological techniques for prostate.
- Those who would like to share their experiences to further enhance their skills and opting as an expert’s opinion.